PEDAL THE G.A.P.
August 27-31, 2021
The total price of this trip is $885 per person.
Kids 6-12 on ride day are half price: $442 per person.
Kids under 6 are free.
At this time we need just a $200 deposit to hold your spot on this very popular ride. (Same deposit price for kids 6-12 and adults).
All kids need to be registered, even those traveling for free.
Need to Cancel Right Away?
You have 14 days from the time you register to cancel without penalty. You get back that entire $200.
We have intentionally designed this trip to make it as safe as possible during the COVID outbreak. (That's why we're doing a camping trip now -- we are all outside and not packed together, driving around in vans!) Should things take a turn for the worse and it is not safe to travel we will cancel the trip and refund ALL of your money.
You'll be charged a $200 deposit on your credit card.
The balance is not due until July 27, 2021.
We'll send you an invoice for the balance.
The Price of the Ride Includes
• Round-trip transportation for your fully-assembled bike and gear from NYC to the ride and back.
• Daily shuttle to take all of your gear to the next campsite.
• Breakfast and dinner every day out on the trail.
• Mid-ride snacks every day.
• Full mechanical support.
• Campsites every evening with running water and toilets.
• Admission to Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwaters house for a tour.
• Post-ride snacks and adult beverages each day after the ride. Evening campfires.
• Pittsburgh's Bicycle Museum and Continental breakfast.
• Transportation to the Pittsburgh start line, and back to NYC at the end of the trip. We strongly recommend that you take Amtrak. Complete details here. Estimated cost -- about $70 each way.
• If you take Amtrak to Pittsburgh you will arrive on the evening before we start pedaling. You will need somewhere to stay overnight -- details here. Estimated cost -- about $120 per room (NOT per person).
• Camping gear. If you have your own that's great; if not it is easily rented online. Details here.
Getting Home from the Ride
The ride starts in Pittsburgh and ends about a hundred miles away. We will transport you from the finish line for free to the nearby Amtrak station in rockin' Johnstown, PA for the trip back to Manhattan.
If you really REALLY want to be transported from the finish line back to where we began the ride in Pittsburgh we are happy to oblige -- we will have a van driving there at the end of the ride on August 31st, with arrival in Pittsburgh at ABOUT 10:30 a.m.
Please note that this return transport to Pittsburgh is limited -- please sign up for it now if you want it.
Tell us about any special meal needs and we'll do our very best for you! Check all that apply.
When we get closer to ride day we send out emails with all the stuff you need to know -- where to show up, when... The only problem is that we find that -- at best -- 70 percent of the riders actually read that stuff!
No problem-o! Everything you need to know is right here on the Quick Start section of our website.
SO... raise your right hand and repeat after me:
"Being a smart and totally awesome person, I promise to either:
A) Read the emails when they get sent out (and make sure they're not in my spam filter).
B) Skip the emails but read the Quick Start guide.
C) Use my psychic powers to know what to do.
D) Not send an email to Glen at 1 a.m. on ride day marked URGENT -- WHAT TIME DO I SHOW UP? WHERE'S THE START LINE?